sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Ok guys I've heard some off the wall storage options does anyone have anything Kool they have done other then the obvious store bought made to bolt on items

CrosbyTalon

CrosbyTalon

Oct 7, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon X
Ok guys I've heard some off the wall storage options does anyone have anything Kool they have done other then the obvious store bought made to bolt on items
PaulF mounted an ammo can on the frame on passenger side of engine. I am going to do the same with a pelican vault 250 container.

Reactions: Biteme and Isaiah
sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
PaulF mounted an ammo can on the frame on passenger side of engine. I am going to do the same with a pelican vault 250 container.
Ya I have seen that good spot for the second battery if you don’t want it under hood as I have done for wiring reason

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R

@PaulF Curious as to how you mounted the ammo can, I Just picked one up from HF. It's a good size for my tow strap and shackles.

Reactions: Biteme and CID
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
For the curious, this is the best pic I have of the area they're talking about. It's on the right side of the engine and 'about' 12" x 20" (going by memory, the Talon is in getting its 100 mile service).

I 9MqNGqV L

A better over view. The sway bar is bungied up because it improves the ride and articulation.
I 9P5S7w3 L

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
For the curious, this is the best pic I have of the area they're talking about. It's on the right side of the engine and 'about' 12" x 20" (going by memory, the Talon is in getting its 100 mile service).

View attachment 234451

A better over view. The sway bar is bungied up because it improves the ride and articulation.
View attachment 234452
The sway bar on our P1 works great hanging on the shop wall.

• Haha
Reactions: TripleB and CID
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
The sway bar on our P1 works great hanging on the shop wall.
I hope to ride with @Lil_Steve this winter but if that happens I'm going to need all the sway bar I can get; the boy tends to ride like his hair's on fire. :oops: Without it, I'll never see him. :p I can easily step up my pace but I'll really want to control the body roll in the wide openness of the desert. #haulin'butt He'll slow down a bit and I'll step it up a bit - we'll have a great time terrorizing the desert southwest. :eek:

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
I miss the PRP Door bags I had on my RZR. I don't have Honda lowers, so I can't add the Honda ones. I'd like also to add a roof bag. There is one made, but I have the Honda corner door bags, and I don't think they would work together.
That storage idea on the frame looks good. But it would be covered in mud where we ride!
For the storage box in the bed, I have a Tote from Home Depot, 27 gallon I think. I added a rubber seal to the lid, and two gear ties on the back. It has the clip on handles that holds the lid on. I used the stock holes in the bed to mount it. I did have to buy longer bolts and use some spacers to go in the gaps in the bed.

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I miss the PRP Door bags I had on my RZR. I don't have Honda lowers, so I can't add the Honda ones. I'd like also to add a roof bag. There is one made, but I have the Honda corner door bags, and I don't think they would work together.
That storage idea on the frame looks good. But it would be covered in mud where we ride!
For the storage box in the bed, I have a Tote from Home Depot, 27 gallon I think. I added a rubber seal to the lid, and two gear ties on the back. It has the clip on handles that holds the lid on. I used the stock holes in the bed to mount it. I did have to buy longer bolts and use some spacers to go in the gaps in the bed.
I would buy the RZR style PRP upper door bags with the pad for your knee in a second if they were available. Honda lower bags are overrated. They are overpriced junk IMO. With the low mount they get partially submerged, have crap zippers that don’t work once they get muddy and mount to the flimsy lowers. I’ve considered trying to mod the PRP to fit the Talon

The Honda inner roof corner bags would be nice if the zipper was facing inside of the cab instead of facing out and getting covered in mud and grit. Must have been engineered in the dry desert.

sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I would buy the RZR style PRP upper door bags with the pad for your knee in a second if they were available. Honda lower bags are overrated. They are overpriced junk IMO. With the low mount they get partially submerged, have crap zippers that don’t work once they get muddy and mount to the flimsy lowers. I’ve considered trying to mod the PRP to fit the Talon

The Honda inner roof corner bags would be nice if the zipper was facing inside of the cab instead of facing out and getting covered in mud and grit. Must have been engineered in the dry desert.
I have the pro rear truss bags and if it wasn’t for them having 2 zippers they would be useless any type of storage with zippers is about useless in mud if someone would’ve design there zippers with a Velcro flap over them to help control mud dirt or anything else getting to zippers would be great but in short zippers suck

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
@PaulF Curious as to how you mounted the ammo can, I Just picked one up from HF. It's a good size for my tow strap and shackles.
I used 1/4" self tappers (silicon around the threads and head to seal them). Lined up the box so the lid cleared the exhaust shield when opened and made sure it didn't hit the front upper trailing arm when fully drooped.

Pre-drilled into the round frame tube because it is almost impossible to use a self tapper on round pipe.

You need about a 1/4 spacer where the square tube is because it is a little lower. Used 6 bolts in an upside down "T" shape, 4 in the round tube and 2 in the square.

Here it is before I removed the rattling handles and painted it...

20200814 165230

And with the lid open. Make sure it clears where the arrows are...

Painted (and dirty) with a safety pin to make sure it doesn't come unlatched...

20201026 172644

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
I used 1/4" self tappers (silicon around the threads and head to seal them). Lined up the box so the lid cleared the exhaust shield when opened and made sure it didn't hit the front upper trailing arm when fully drooped.

Thanks!

Reactions: Biteme
S

SmokeyMike

Jan 25, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Pre-drilled into the round frame tube because it is almost impossible to use a self tapper on round pipe.

You need about a 1/4 spacer where the square tube is because it is a little lower. Used 6 bolts in an upside down "T" shape, 4 in the round tube and 2 in the square.

Here it is before I removed the rattling handles and painted it...

View attachment 234867

And with the lid open. Make sure it clears where the arrows are...

View attachment 234868

Painted (and dirty) with a safety pin to make sure it doesn't come unlatched...

View attachment 234869
Is this fit for the 1000R or the 1000X?

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did this same thing with my 1000x using a black metal toolbox from walmart. All I did was use longer bolts through the skid plate in two places and ran them up inside the box. Fender washer and a lock nut on the inside of the tool box and done. For some reason I can't stand using self tapping screws into the frame. Almost killed me to do it on the front when installing the SATV skid plate, but I did it anyway.

B

Boundertom

Dec 12, 2020
AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
@PaulF: is that a fat 50 ammo can that you used? I think I need to use this space! Thanks!

Tom

Last edited:
Doogle

Doogle

Nov 30, 2020
Surprise,Az Cincinnati,OH
Ownership

1. Talon R
Maybe it's because I'm not accessorized yet, but do we really need more storage space in less convenient places? My TSC box still has plenty room in it. But I haven't done that much riding yet. And certainly haven't been doing any overnight cold weather trips.

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Maybe it's because I'm not accessorized yet, but do we really need more storage space in less convenient places? My TSC box still has plenty room in it. But I haven't done that much riding yet. And certainly haven't been doing any overnight cold weather trips.

Depends on your riding. How far from camp you are traveling, how rough of trails you ride, packing meals drinks for 1 or more, camping on trails, need extra fuel, etc. I know just fitting drinks, food, gear, tools for our family of 4 for a day ride is tough.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!