image.jpeg

P1000 Cumminspusher-the New Ride

Third build on a Pioneer platform in a year it can only get better. More lighting,more automation,more protection, more innovation, more storage,more ability,more suspension,more passengers and more fun. Less weight,less vibrations,less roof. Tiring.
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Do you have a part number or something to go off of for that gasket material?

I tried finding it on Oreilly's website but couldn't. They have it on the shelf at my local store. Next time I go by, I'll stop and check it.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
81ee3bc9f1d37cf120e135922ef5ce95this may help as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Comminspusher I've read this thread from start to finish and it has been awesome, u could almost publish this as a book and take kear of the house and garden. It was exiting at times and had me almost in tears on the next page. For this u have become part of my bocket list and I must ride with you before eather one of us kiks the bucket. God bless you and your family your work your knowledge and everything else I have seen and experienced through your words in this hondasxs.com thred. U will at some point in my life meet my children and my self and I will conseder my self one of the lokiest men around.
Thanks.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Comminspusher I've read this thread from start to finish and it has been awesome, u could almost publish this as a book and take kear of the house and garden. It was exiting at times and had me almost in tears on the next page. For this u have become part of my bocket list and I must ride with you before eather one of us kiks the bucket. God bless you and your family your work your knowledge and everything else I have seen and experienced through your words in this hondasxs.com thred. U will at some point in my life meet my children and my self and I will conseder my self one of the lokiest men around.
Thanks.
The panhandle of Idaho is awesome. Maybe someday I'll get down there to ride with @CumminsPusher. Hopefully he can make it up my way someday to take in the beauty of Alaska... and the challenges of muskeg... lol.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Could a p5 make it there also? In AK.
I think so, although I've never owned one. My 2004 Rancher has kicked butt in many challenging places here. If you look at what the people in the bush villages own here, it is predominantly Honda machines.

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
That sounds great. I have been in AK meany moons ago during the Exon Valdez oil spill and I sow very beautiful landscape and incredible wild life in Prince William Soun. So I would love to go back some day and ride with you. But man that would be a very long drive, over 2000 miles one way.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks.
@Dp5hunter you made me blush and proud at the same time sir! I'll truly be lucky and honored at the same to meet you and your family.we really appreciate the kind words!! Our time and resources are very limited otherwise we'd have already been that way. We're blessed to able to get out a lot but in the over 10 years we've been doing this it's been a struggle for even a day off during the week and we only have three one day vacation days thoughout the year so getting distance has proven to be tough. So to us even something as normal as the Takeover for some, is very difficult for us to say the least. If something could change We'd do nothing but pack up our group and travel through this continent. We don't have much but work very hard for what we have, we put everything into this sport, and given an opportunity would leave everything but the Honda's and bus and just live on the road and ride I can promise that. I truly hope at some point to be able to ride with you!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think so, although I've never owned one. My 2004 Rancher has kicked butt in many challenging places here. If you look at what the people in the bush villages own here, it is predominantly Honda machines.
I know the reality shows probably aren't all that realistic, but pretty much all the ATVs you see on the shows are Hondas. That speaks volumes.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I know the reality shows probably aren't all that realistic, but pretty much all the ATVs you see on the shows are Hondas. That speaks volumes.

Regardless of what some people say is dependable when it boils down to it damn near everyone knows Honda is top of that list.

advertisement
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One thing I've noticed is most are manual transmissions. They tend to stay away from all the electronics they can. Less things that can go wrong.

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
One thing I've noticed is most are manual transmissions. They tend to stay away from all the electronics they can. Less things that can go wrong.
That's another + for the the P5 in case of electrical problems there is always the manual shifting option. That way your Honda will not live u stranded. Dippending on terain put it in guire and ride to camp. :);)

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

All I know is my son destroyed the front propeller shaft in my hand me down 2002 Foreman Rubicon on a boulder field this weekend. That is totally unacceptable. It should have made it 15 years in hell. Feed it a battery every 4 years and a oil change once a year and it will run forever. Love my Hondas!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
All I know is my son destroyed the front propeller shaft in my hand me down 2002 Foreman Rubicon on a boulder field this weekend. That is totally unacceptable. It should have made it 15 years in hell. Feed it a battery every 4 years and a oil change once a year and it will run forever. Love my Hondas!
That sounds exactly like our maintenance schedule on all our dirt bikes except we wash the k&n's yearly as well so we're probably way overkill

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Ok I've been looking at my douters Rubicon and I have no yet found the front PROPELLER SHAFT on it, now where did you say it was?o_O

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Better know as a "drive shaft"

That's probably it's first and only problem other then those pesky batteries I'll bet

advertisement