P1000 Cumminspusher-the New Ride

CumminsPusher submitted a new Garage Item:

CumminsPusher-The new ride

View attachment 16840
Everyone it's done the wait is over. Our do over has started! Looks awfully naked and clean. Time to change that. ITS HERE:) Thank you to everyone for putting up with me lately and again thanks for all the support you have no idea what it means to my family.Ill never forget this.It's not what it once was but will be. Back up and running however the long process of rebuilding the ultimate woods machine for our family and friends begins now. Thank you all!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
View attachment 16841

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just giving ya grief.. you'll get her lined out and looking good before long.;)
Oh I know:) just didn't want anyone thinking that rat trap is ready to go:)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Picked up a new plug for the sub port we lost our last one but this will work great when we deside to test joeys snorkel. Sub is now buttoned up.

Chipper

Chipper

May 30, 2016
Savannah GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Would like to see your new lights on at night when you get a chance. I like the idea of 360 degree super bright lighting around the buggy for trail riding at night!! Working on this situation myself!!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What is that sub box from? Looks like it fits pretty well
Ssv Works makes a unit for the 700 that we had left over but it was 1 1/2" to tall so I cut it down and re glassed it. Goes in easy after that. I was really disappointed with the speaker and amp that came with it so we went infinity and Rockford Fosgate. It beats hard. It wasn't ported so I used a 3" shower drain for the port and sounds really good. We will just use the plug for deep water. We mounted amp in the box for waterproofing. Went with old style Fosgate because they can handle the heat better. ImageImageImageImageImage

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Would like to see your new lights on at night when you get a chance. I like the idea of 360 degree super bright lighting around the buggy for trail riding at night!! Working on this situation myself!!
I will do. On our 700 I used pod lights and even though they worked ok they were huge and didn't spread out very well at all and I hated the look.

Then on the last 1000 went strip lights and that was a failure. Image
These will work great as I've used them for other things as well

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Here's a pic from last pk1. It had just 4 of those in rear and one 9watt in each back door step facing backwards. Works very well such even lighting lights right up to the edge

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thank you so much! And thanks for helping us out with your knowledge and help with our own builds!! Looks great!!!!!!
I really hope it helps if there is anything I can help with I will try. We try our best to do this cheaply but there's important steps you can't leave out. We had been getting a couple things here and there over the last six months to improve on the system so now I guess I have the chance. When we're out I'm always watching light for pattern and how well it's working but also how well it's received by other drivers and riders. We have a lot of different people who use this and many kids as well so automation is very important to me. There are now 15 switches and people get confused so many things are idiot proof so things work depending n what's happening. I'm not afraid to test something but until I see it work I won't suggest it. There are a few things I will come back to, but especially with lights they are very important because of all of our night rides and you can NEVER have enough lighting or a good enough spread. But you only have so much available power so a too much light in one area or misplaced light or one that doesn't do its job is useless in my opinion.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Dash switches are all online working. Everything is becoming plug and play. Have some clean-up under hood and dash then winch electronics to install but you won't see much for wires this time it's becoming a much better install and will look pretty factory. All lights around the vehicle have been test for and placed for good lighting except for upper backup lights(still working on updated design) bumper corner lights, daytime running/turn signals,whips and 52" front lightbar. Dash will go back in tomorrow after work.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Lower side lights in and rock lights. This one will be brightest yet! Three 9 watt Cree on each side low down will be the" bunny burners " between these and the 3 15 watt Crees on each side top will lay good light everywhere. The lower ones on the rear steps return for this build and light up in reverse with the backup lights. It's really great that way when backing up in tight stuff. Rock lights also will light up in reverse Down to three nights to get as much done as possible. Busting ass but my extremely limited funds are getting in the way of a speedy install. The underside party lights,upper bumper lights, entire backup camera system and possibly whips will not be seen for the big weekend coming up.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
New idea:) I don't like plugging into anything factory hate it actually. I'm thinking with this not only can I leave one more connection alone but it'll be automated. As soon as you turn the key on at dark the switch lights and interior lights will come on automatically. Another big bonus is I won't need to run headlights to get light at the switches. The headlights are fairly useless to me and just rob power from more important features, except when on pavement trying to be "legal". I see no negative and for the money I'm trying it! Easy install. I'll give update after testing.

Chipper

Chipper

May 30, 2016
Savannah GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is so sweet!!!!! I may have missed it but what name or design are the lights you are using now? And how hard are they to stall on the under side in the plastic

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Chipper

Chipper

May 30, 2016
Savannah GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Loving the light!!! That's how I am setting up my ride also!! Ain't no thing as too much light!!!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That is so sweet!!!!! I may have missed it but what name or design are the lights you are using now? And how hard are they to stall on the under side in the plastic
Super easy to install. I used a j-nut on the inside with just a screw through. Every spot has access but for the fronts it's easier to pull the dash. I also have 2 multi colored led housings dubbing the party lights for each tire further back that will go to the music as well as rear whips,speaker covers and main lightbar (now) that were on the previous one but time constraints are limiting me.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Loving the light!!! That's how I am setting up my ride also!! Ain't no thing as too much light!!!!
Thank you. No such thing as too much light!! We spend all the time in the pioneer at night in its glory it was a sight to behold. This one will be brighter someday soon. Long way to go but we're moving forward

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!