P1000 Cumminspusher-the New Ride

CumminsPusher submitted a new Garage Item:

CumminsPusher-The new ride

View attachment 16840
Everyone it's done the wait is over. Our do over has started! Looks awfully naked and clean. Time to change that. ITS HERE:) Thank you to everyone for putting up with me lately and again thanks for all the support you have no idea what it means to my family.Ill never forget this.It's not what it once was but will be. Back up and running however the long process of rebuilding the ultimate woods machine for our family and friends begins now. Thank you all!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
View attachment 16841

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All those wires under the hood give me anxiety. I've had all the stuff I need to put in my PDM, switch panel, and everything else for months but haven't made the move to install it yet. Maybe if I keep watching your thread I'll get jealous enough to find time to do it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's what I'm trying to do is push you to get it done:)

Reactions: amc019
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Another cool item

THIS ITEM WONT BE USED FOR DAYTIME RUNNING

I think it's going to be a great idea. It's a repurposed item that I'm going to use to turn on/off main accessory power. Easy install and again I'll say how much I hate tapping into factory setup. I didn't want to buy another accessory harness I figured there might be a better way. I think this is it. This is cheaper then the accessory fuse add or the factory harness and doesn't run off of Honda equipment at all. How it'll work is simply connect to start battery then to the trigger wire of your battery iso control switch and your done. The panel light wire will not get used to make this function for repurpose. When it senses a power spike (main battery getting juice from alternator meaning it's running) it'll turn main accessories on when it senses lower power (engine turned off) it'll shut down. It has a 12 second delay which will be cool as it'll light up your path or allow you to do things. Simple but effective and automatic. Super cheap. I love automating my rig it makes it easier for others. Another positive is since it goes off of voltage it'll turn off accessories if start battery gets low. Very smart. I'll be testing this weekend I'll give updates but I'm sure they will be positive with this one. Now with this item and nighttime sensing control for accessory switch lights the only factory thing we'll be connected to will be reverse wire for backup lights and camera but those come off of relay so truly nothing factory tapped. And it'll all be cheaper. Two things I love.

Last edited:
Chipper

Chipper

May 30, 2016
Savannah GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great idea! I feel the same way about tapping into factory stuff, let us know how it all works out, great job and great recon!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thank you but ocd sucks sometimes. I'm positive it will work. But I'll be testing this weekend. Way better then a key switch nothing can be on unless it's running. I'm excited about this idea! more stuff to come watch closely :)

Reactions: Stauvo and Eltobgi
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
this is the cute little unit I'm going to use to turn on accessories. Excited to try it

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Main lightbar showed up at my dealer today. While my old pioneer was in the shop being torn down some ass hole thief stole the 50" 700w lightbar and cut some wiring. The dealer replaced it and this time I went with a 300watt 52(I don't have upgraded stator anymore and the 700 was over kill bad) this is plenty and the new one has some "special lighting features" let's just say police resemblance is "not" advised! more later:). Getting the 52 on will be easier then 50 I always regretted my misjudgment on that.

Reactions: Eltobgi
advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Whips installed through the ROPS. Nice and clean no wires to snag. Forth rig these have been on.

Reactions: Tot and Eltobgi
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Parts of where we're going this weekend have no allowed snorkel. So no snorkel.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Can't wait to see the results! :)
The daytime running lights switch works awesome so far. Run two wires to the main battery and only positive is needed from the unit!! So you hook it to factory battery and the lead is your trigger. 12 second delay after you shut it off and when it starts she turns on correctly. Shouldn't need the accessory wire again. We'll test it over the weekend but so far so good.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Whips installed through the ROPS. Nice and clean no wires to snag. Forth rig these have been on.

View attachment 17658
It would be great if you could share your technique for running wiring through ROPS. After reading your first build, I was impressed how clean the installation was and when I finalize components on my build would definitely follow your technique.:)

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
The daytime running lights switch works awesome so far. Run two wires to the main battery and only positive is needed from the unit!! So you hook it to factory battery and the lead is your trigger. 12 second delay after you shut it off and when it starts she turns on correctly. Shouldn't need the accessory wire again. We'll test it over the weekend but so far so good.
I have complete confidence it will work as you have described. I also bypassed the acc tap in approach for one which would not impact the factory electrical. Be sure to bring us along for the ride with photos. Thanks;)

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
View attachment 17660

Parts of where we're going this weekend have no allowed snorkel. So no snorkel.

Wow! But the joeymt33 design is simply a raised intake! Lol. That would be my attempt at breaking that rule;). But seriously, is this common or widely used regulation on atv/utv?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It would be great if you could share your technique for running wiring through ROPS. After reading your first build, I was impressed how clean the installation was and when I finalize components on my build would definitely follow your technique.:)
I've got wires running on the outside this time on the a pillars it did make it a little easier until all are laid down which will be a pain later but when I run those I will document better

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Wow! But the joeymt33 design is simply a raised intake! Lol. That would be my attempt at breaking that rule;). But seriously, is this common or widely used regulation on atv/utv?
No. There are only a couple areas around one we won't go into because jeeps and trucks are allowed and kids will bring in thier dads new truck for dangerous encounters. The other they are pretty strict on anti creek crossings I think law states something about any altered intake system. They have been known to impound at your expense jail time and 5000 fine for dropping a tire in. They have signs that say no snorkel and it's a fine able offence for even running snorkel, not sure the numbers but know a guy the gave a 5?? Ticket and made him remove it. It's just a small area of the county and they do it because of silt in the stream that kills fish which has been proven in this area so I'm ok with it but it's in my mind for sure. This is why I wanted it through the hood like a few of you are doing such as you and Joey. I try not to bomb in streams anyways but...you know. I need another hood for these times so it looks better but limited for now. It's been dry for awhile (95+ forever) so I'm not worried. I'm going to miss it I've grown fond of the bad ass look and I'll run it off/on here and there as its a 1 minute change so some pics will be either way. Iiwii lol.

Reactions: Eltobgi and Tot
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!