P500 Torq-Masters torq locker feedback

G

Gassygordo

Oct 16, 2017
Fillmore, NY
Ownership

1. 500
@jay_man81 video has detailed before and after comparisons. Worth a watch and subscribe. Was on the fence, but now have one on order. Definately will make use of all the install videos. Question..could the diff be taken out thru a side without removal of the front bumper (Strongmade and winch)?
Just looked mine over. Remove the bottom four pan bolts, the two bumper to frame bolts and the two upper U bolts, unhook the two cables to the winch and the Strongmade bumper, winch and bottom pan should come off as a unit.

C

Chooglin

@jay_man81 Jason you did a excellent job with this video. In my opinion, you covered everthing. The only big question now is , how does it truly feel without PS. As some of you without PS install the locker , I am sure we will all have the answer to that question.

Also would like to thank you for mentioning me and @JWB in the video , along with the others that had a big part in this all coming to reality............again , you really did a great job with this video !

Last edited by a moderator:
WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
@jay_man81 Jason you did a excellent job with this video. In my opinion, you covered everthing. The only big question now is , how does it truly feel without PS. As some of you without PS install the locker , I am sure we will all have the answer to that question.

Also would like to thank you for mentioning me and @JWB in the video , along with the others that had a big part in this all coming to reality............again , you really did a great job with this video !

X2 - @ Jayman - GREAT JOB on BOTH Vids!!!

WB

advertisement
JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
Yep, did not know if it could be slipped forward enough to clear the engine driveshaft, then out to side. Maybe an early installer will post reply.
When I get the heat treated unit, I'll try to turn the diff and take it out the side. My concern is that it may require a 90deg or near that on the drive shaft, and I don't want to damage the boot. That's gonna be two or three weeks away though...

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
My locker should be here Thursday but I'll have to wait until July 11-15 to install because the P5 is 156 miles away from me right now.:(

Reactions: JWB and Dp5hunter
G

Gassygordo

Oct 16, 2017
Fillmore, NY
Ownership

1. 500
July 3, 2018, 1:25 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
ROCHESTER NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Your item departed our USPS facility in ROCHESTER NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER on July 3, 2018 at 1:25 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Maybe here today!

G

Gassygordo

Oct 16, 2017
Fillmore, NY
Ownership

1. 500
Yes, Strong Made bumper, winch and Honda Bumper will come off as a unit.

54F95360 F368 4397 BDF1 D798EC5D051A 2E721D1E 65C9 4405 B9CA 90BBF7FA5E75

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine will be delivered Thursday also but I have to wait until after July 20th, I'm 2500 miles from my P5 :(

Where is the dislike button. Two - three more weeks wait. That is like 1990's delivery times for stuff. You have my sympathy.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!