44C9C97B 26CD 429A 854E 95D4458611EF
6AA2FF49 7E11 4388 A358 E93CBD2D5659

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
For the OP. Have you looked into the hybrid trailers? They are lighter than the toyhaulers and your machine isnt out of the weather. But can be towed with half ton no problem.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are several trailer manufacturers out there that will “make” you a toyhauler to fit your needs or if you just need a place to sleep and shower and don’t need a homestyle interior finish you can make your own.

There isn’t a toyhauler made that will fit 2 full size machines. I am having to make my own, but I don’t want a gooseneck and the diesel ¾-1ton that goes with, yes a half ton will haul it based on trucks ratings, the trailer weight with 2 machines and all the stuff will be less than 60% of the trucks rated bumper pull trailer capacity. So with weight as a consideration and the main use being a warm place to cook, eat, sleep , and shower (I have 2 girls, and there are some messed up folks out there if my wife isn’t with us I can’t protect them in a women’s restroom). I am going to build a very condensed kitchen/bath in the front of a 28’ enclosed with extra height and 2’ v-nose. The beds I can make in multiple configurations in the 20’ “garage” area where the machines would be during transport. My concern with an exposed machine is sticky fingers if I stop at Walmart or if I stay at a hotel overnight on the way to my final destination.

Reactions: Mudwing and JTW
S

schlepprock250

Jun 14, 2018
Nc
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Jk, I have a 99 f250 cc srw 4x4 7.3 also. We towed our last two travel trailers over the last 15 years. The 99 did OK. Of course I did all kinds of mods from power to suspension. I have Firestone Ride Rite airbags and weight distribution hitch. I bought a 2014 f250 Lariat srw and it did better but still had to have airbags due to the rear sag,was still challenging at times. Our current TT is 38' in length and about 11500 lbs heavy. Now, I traded the '14 for this 2018 F350 drw and its truly a night and day difference.

IMHO any toy hauler large enough to hold a P1k should be pulled by at least a 3/4 ton.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Killer223

Killer223

Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2019
ya'll are funny, the one guy posted a triple axle trailer and dually truck, then someone said they beg to differ with a tandem trailer and single rear wheel truck. two totally different situations. maybe i'm reading this all wrong.?
the triple is likely 15-20K empty, and the tandem trailers are maybe 15K loaded.... just saying.
as for having to have a WDH, i don't agree, not at all, i've towed my 34' toy hauler without one and knowing how to load a trailer correctly is the key, knowing how to move the weight to get the correct balance. going to a scale and having it weighed.
just my experience. For the uneducated in towing they are a bandaid and not really a good idea. IMO.

i now tow a 34' 5er with SRW cummins. no issues.

Reactions: Plumber32
Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ya'll are funny, the one guy posted a triple axle trailer and dually truck, then someone said they beg to differ with a tandem trailer and single rear wheel truck. two totally different situations. maybe i'm reading this all wrong.?
the triple is likely 15-20K empty, and the tandem trailers are maybe 15K loaded.... just saying.
as for having to have a WDH, i don't agree, not at all, i've towed my 34' toy hauler without one and knowing how to load a trailer correctly is the key, knowing how to move the weight to get the correct balance. going to a scale and having it weighed.
just my experience. For the uneducated in towing they are a bandaid and not really a good idea. IMO.

Yes, my rig grosses at 19K. It’s 43’ long. The first pic is with my (old) dually. My new one is rated at 29K towing. It all goes down the road nice. There is no hiding the fact that it’s,real long. We have a small garage so a Pioneer will barely fit. I used to have an SRW. Now that I have a dually, I haven’t looked back. The 5’er is so big and heavy, I can’t tell when the back end has any toys in it. I thought I would regret a tri axle. So far it’s worked out fine.

3D128CF6 99BD 4CB8 B096 E71F47C6F403 F2A2977E EB79 43AE B963 5B0C7466A2DE

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
ATC used to advertise as half ton towable.
Just looked at there site and it's all diffrent now.
But I can still find the picture of the p1k.

Your Website Title

They cost an arm and a leg but after having a regular toy hauler I like the idea of it.
There equivalent sized unit is 2k+ lb lighter than my old hauler, and should out last it by a good bit.
As for all the all the pictures of the monster toy haulers being towed with a 3/4 or 1 ton truck I don't get it.
OP asked about 1/2 ton towable, I think your toy haulers might be a little too heavy for a 1/2 ton truck, you guys seam to be in the wrong thread.

J

JTW

Your Website Title

They cost an arm and a leg but after having a regular toy hauler I like the idea of it.
There equivalent sized unit is 2k+ lb lighter than my old hauler, and should out last it by a good bit.
As for all the all the pictures of the monster toy haulers being towed with a 3/4 or 1 ton truck I don't get it.
OP asked about 1/2 ton towable, I think your toy haulers might be a little too heavy for a 1/2 ton truck, you guys seam to be in the wrong thread.
There are some awesome features on that rig. The guys that started InTech actually came from ATC I believe.

Reactions: Vikes79
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Your Website Title

Probably lawyers because ½-Tons can be between 7000-14000lb bumper pull tow rating, some jackwagon would pull a trailered overloaded to the gills with the one rated for 7000lb and kill a school bus full of kids with litigious parents.

Reactions: Remington and JTW
HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5

So not all things are ever equal eh!

My trailer and as others have said have a separate garage that is only 10' with a wall.
To add insulate to injury at least in my case: the fresh water tank 120 gals, the wast tank 40 gals, and the fuel tank 30 gals plus the Pioneer 1100+ lbs are all at or behind the rear axle...poorly engineered at best but you CAN'T move anything to "properly adjust load". It is static.
But, it doesn't weigh that much

Not to mention I was raised in farming, employed in trucking for many years and was DOT certified LEO (ok I'm old LOL) but I think I know what I'm doing.

If you read my post, sometimes it's about SWAY not balance, my trailer due to design is dangerously all over the road when loaded...the only cure to that,,,is some type of equalizer hitch with sway control. So depending on the trailer model, you absolutely need the correct hitch and they do correct the issue...no band aide.

So since the original poster hasn't responded and we don't know what type of truck he has and what model trailer he might want all of the above could apply :D

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

You missed the whole point lol I was answering “messing” with him cuz he posted a Dodge (the right tool for the job) he said .I drive a Ford! Had nothing to do with triple axle and a dully vers a SRW and a tandem. If your pulling one of these you know the difference between the two , load distribution and what truck u need Lol. At least I hope? The Ford, Dodge, Gm thing has Ben an on going Fun Bs thing on here for a while. BTW that’s a 1ton PS 8’ bed not 6-1/2 big difference, and a 38’ TH 14k loaded well under the trucks capacity. Been pulling it since 15’ no issues either;)
Thanks for letting me know tho.

Reactions: Vikes79 and JTW
M

McAdmiral

Apr 17, 2019
St Paul, MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anybody know of or have a toy hauler that will fit P1000-5 deluxe with factory roof and tires. With out having to do any mods (lower tire pressure, remove roof) and that is bumper pulled by a 1/2 ton.

3wtrod

Apr 14, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You might want to look at Logans or Sundowners. They make aluminum, 5th wheel or bumper pull toy haulers. My Look Element enclosed has a rear door height of 81", and my 1000 5 with factory roof has about 2" to spare. We can tow doubles in our State, but I'm not into doing that. So, I'm just going to put in a van conversion type interior. Fold down beds, Thetford cassette toilet, Campchef oven/stove, Dometic chest style frige/freezer, awning and solar. Simplistic, basic, but functional. The trailer is a 16' V nose. Better than a tent but less luxurious than my 43' RV.

Reactions: JTW and TimG
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!